Extended Mathematics for Cambridge IGCSE®
Audrey Simpson , experienced teacher of Mathematics.
| PB | 458 Pages
Series: Cambridge International Examinations
Publisher: Cambridge University Press India
Core Mathematics for IGCSE
Extended Mathematics for Cambridge IGCSE® provides the second year of a two-year course leading to Cambridge IGCSE Mathematics Extended Level examination from Cambridge International Examinations. The two books (Core and Extended) taken together completely cover the syllabus for Cambridge IGCSE Mathematics Extended Level. Students may either study the whole of the Core course in their first year, followed by the Extended in their second year, or they may study Chapter 1 in Core followed immediately by Chapter 1 in Extended. Either way the books are designed to be worked through sequentially and can be used as classroom textbooks or for self-study.
• Introduction of each new topic to assist students working alone to understand the concepts and to provide a back-up to classroom teaching.
• Core Skills exercise at the beginning of each chapter for recapitulating the concepts taught in the Core Book.
• Worked examples for better understanding of the methods
• Exercises at key points in each chapter for practice and learning
• Past examination questions at the end of each chapter to enable students to have a sense of achievement as they work towards their final examinations
• Guidance for avoiding common errors and improving examination skills
• Answers to all exercises and examination questions at the end of the book to enable students to monitor their work as they proceed.
®IGCSE is the registered trademark of Cambridge International Examinations.
1 Real Numbers
2 Algebra I
3 Working with Numbers
4 Algebra II
5 Geometry and Shape
6 Algebra and Graphs
7 Length, Area and Volume
8 Further Algebra
10 Transformations, Vectors and Matrices
Revision and Examination Hints